Member Meeting Minutes for Dec 3, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- EJ via Google Hangout
- Alex (perspective member)
- Called to order at:
- Alex - goes to school at Duquesne. Interested in woodworking, and raspberry pi.
- Movie Night Nov 21 - postponed due to light up night, will be rescheduled for Dec 5th
- Dec 5 - Movie Night! - Does anyone want to host?
- Dec 12 Analog Games Night
- Need to touch base with Jim...
- Dec 19th Artemis (just because)
- The bio hackers are coming. It will be a fun time!
- Dec 26 Closed: Day after christmas?
- Intro to Arduino Software - planned for January 24th Rescheduled for Feb 21st
- Gene, Doug, Val for support
- We need to advertise...
- Processing Class
- February timeframe
- Not the 14th
- Theremin Class - 17th of January
- Going to get this posted
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems) - James
- Arduino Track
- Next up... Physical Pixel is next. Dyode after that.
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Tool Power E-Stop
- Power wheels
- Waiting for the next two weeks for the next event
- Need to add something and fix the trophy...
- CNC Router
- EJ fixed wiring of the motors.
- Started getting software up, but still in progress.
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- New Laser Tube needs TO BE [procured].
- 3-D Printer
- Can haz calibration... It's good to go.
- Alex is proposing replacing heated bed for faster heating
- Will put together parts list and send out to mailing list
- New RFID Door
- Mounted, needs TO BE setup
- Dues Cash Payment System
- Have the bill reader and Pi.
- Need to get box.
- Needs TO BE programmed
- In the mean time, please work with Gene to pay dues by cash. Do not use the vacuum for dues. Kay, thanks, bye.
- TARDIS fridge project is still on going... The materials are purchased. Needs TO BE done!
- "There's paint over there. There's wood." - Chad
- The linux user group is looking for a location to hold a meeting
- The LUG has something planned for the 16th, but would like to get something planned for January 10th, 2015 from 1-3pm or 3-5pm. We need to get a firm time by the next meeting.
- In general, the second saturday of each month. If there is a conflict, they will bump the meeting to an adjacent Saturday.
- We will see how the meeting goes and decide if this location works.
- Instructables is hosting on competition for a project
- There are prizes available. Must enter by Jan 19th!
- Motion to approve Alex as the "laser guy".
- Anthony Motioned. Jonathan seconds. Motion carries. Motion is approved.
- Need to point the box fan away from the door
- Jonathan offered to help point it away from the exterior door.
What can we do to make the shop better?
- Painted Lines on Floor.
Move to Adjourn
- Gene motioned to adjourn.
- Jonathan seconds.
- 8:14pm meeting adjourned.