Member Meeting Minutes for Dec 17, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at:
- Dec 5 - Movie Night! - Does anyone want to host?
- Dec 12 Analog Games Night
- Dec 19th Artemis (just because)
- The bio hackers are coming. It will be a fun time!
- Dec 26 Closed: Day after christmas?
- Intro to Arduino Software - Physical Pixel
- Noon to 4pm
- Planned for January 24th
- Gene, Doug, Val for support
- We need to advertise...
- Processing Class - February 28th
- Not the 14th
- Theremin Class - 17th of January
- Going to get this posted
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems) - James
- Arduino Track
- Next up... Physical Pixel is next. Dyode after that.
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Might be able to do a bigger installation on the side of the building. Need to talk with Dale.
- Tool Power E-Stop
- More parts are in
- Power wheels
- In sleep mode, until two weeks prior to the next event.
- Happy birthday Eli.
- CNC Router
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- New Laser Tube installed! Working!
- 3-D Printer
- Can haz calibration... It's good to go.
- New heater Bed needs to be purchased (faster heat time). The part has been identified and will be purchased shortly.
- Need more filament, or do we go to PLA? Maybe both.
- New RFID Door
- Mounted, needs to be setup
- Dues Cash Payment System
- Have the bill reader and Pi.
- Need to get box.
- Needs to be programmed
- If you want to pay dues with cash or other merchandise, fill out an envelope, and hand it to Gene.
- Do not use the vacuum for dues. Kay, thanks, bye.
- TARDIS fridge project is still on going... The materials are purchased. Needs to be done!
- "There's paint over there. There's wood." - Chad
- Motion to approve Alex as the "laser guy".
- Anthony Motioned. Jonathan seconds. Motion carries. Motion is approved.
- This will be deleted for the next meeting notes.
- Need to point the box fan away from the door
- Jonathan offered to help point it away from the exterior door.
- He did this last meeting. Thank you.
- Laser Cutter Chiller
- Going to borrow Gabe's chiller and see how it works.
- We will see how this works and will make a decision afterwards
- Server Cabinet Going
- Scott^2 motioned to remove the server closet. Seconded by Gene. Approved by membership. To be removed, and space restored to shop area.
- The board would like to hear member inputs about how dues and card access should be coordinated.
- Thought about pre-paid discounts. Discount the 6month payment.
- Dues payments are on a monthly based
- Active from the date paid, to 30 days from the date paid
- 2 against, 9 in approval.
- Motion carried.
- Question about the grace period
- Discussion: Would like the grace period to be decided and published by the board. EJ noted that he would like no grace period.
- We will provide a notice 7 days in advance of the expiration.
- Motion to vote Alex, Doug seconded.
- Motion carried.
- Discussion on the floor to provide discount for the 6 month payment.
- Motioned to table for board meeting to discuss finances.
- Gene, Jon seconded. Motion carried.
- Doug motioned that we shouldn't drink until after the meeting has closed.
- Generally approved by most members.
- Wiggle Whiskey
- Laser Cutter Event
- Chad would like to set up an event where we cut a bunch of wood stick to age the white whiskey. He will follow up later.
- Attack Theatre
- Dirty Ball Invitation
- It's a one night event. They find a warehouse that is empty. Build it out for a month in advance, and then throw a party.
- They would be interested in making something interactive for the event.
- Election Committee
- Anthony and Doug will be on the committee.
What can we do to make the shop better?
- Painted Lines on Floor.
Move to Adjourn
- Motion to adjourn. Gene motions, Doug seconds
- Meeting adjourned at 21:11.
Submitted by Anthony Cascone