Member Meeting Minutes for Dec 17, 2014

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees:
    • Chad
    • Doug
    • Alex
    • Anthony
    • Val
    • Geno
    • Gene
    • Scott^2
    • Jonathan
    • Gabe
    • Steven
    • Adam
  • Called to order at:
    • 19:35

New Members

Recent Events

  • Dec 5 - Movie Night! - Does anyone want to host?
  • Dec 12 Analog Games Night

Upcoming Events

  • Dec 19th Artemis (just because)
    • The bio hackers are coming. It will be a fun time!
  • Dec 26 Closed: Day after christmas?

Upcoming Classes

  • Intro to Arduino Software - Physical Pixel
    • Noon to 4pm
    • Planned for January 24th
    • Gene, Doug, Val for support
    • We need to advertise...
  • Processing Class - February 28th
    • 10-4pm
    • Not the 14th
  • Theremin Class - 17th of January
    • Going to get this posted

Potential Thursday Night talks/events

  • GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems) - James

Learning Tracks

  • Arduino Track
    • Next up... Physical Pixel is next. Dyode after that.

Shop Projects / Updates

  • Window Lights project
    • Might be able to do a bigger installation on the side of the building. Need to talk with Dale.
  • Tool Power E-Stop
    • More parts are in
  • Power wheels
    • In sleep mode, until two weeks prior to the next event.
    • Happy birthday Eli.
  • CNC Router
  • Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
    • New Laser Tube installed! Working!
  • 3-D Printer
    • Can haz calibration... It's good to go.
    • New heater Bed needs to be purchased (faster heat time). The part has been identified and will be purchased shortly.
    • Need more filament, or do we go to PLA? Maybe both.
  • New RFID Door
    • Mounted, needs to be setup
  • Dues Cash Payment System
    • Have the bill reader and Pi.
    • Need to get box.
    • Needs to be programmed
  • If you want to pay dues with cash or other merchandise, fill out an envelope, and hand it to Gene.
    • Do not use the vacuum for dues. Kay, thanks, bye.
  • TARDIS fridge project is still on going... The materials are purchased. Needs to be done!
    • "There's paint over there. There's wood." - Chad

Old Business

  • Motion to approve Alex as the "laser guy".
    • Anthony Motioned. Jonathan seconds. Motion carries. Motion is approved.
    • This will be deleted for the next meeting notes.
  • Need to point the box fan away from the door
    • Jonathan offered to help point it away from the exterior door.
    • He did this last meeting. Thank you.

New Business

  • Laser Cutter Chiller
    • Going to borrow Gabe's chiller and see how it works.
    • We will see how this works and will make a decision afterwards
  • Server Cabinet Going
    • Scott^2 motioned to remove the server closet. Seconded by Gene. Approved by membership. To be removed, and space restored to shop area.
  • The board would like to hear member inputs about how dues and card access should be coordinated.
    • Thought about pre-paid discounts. Discount the 6month payment.
    • Dues payments are on a monthly based
    • Active from the date paid, to 30 days from the date paid
      • 2 against, 9 in approval.
      • Motion carried.
    • Question about the grace period
      • Discussion: Would like the grace period to be decided and published by the board. EJ noted that he would like no grace period.
      • We will provide a notice 7 days in advance of the expiration.
      • Motion to vote Alex, Doug seconded.
      • Motion carried.
    • Discussion on the floor to provide discount for the 6 month payment.
      • Motioned to table for board meeting to discuss finances.
      • Gene, Jon seconded. Motion carried.
  • Doug motioned that we shouldn't drink until after the meeting has closed.
    • Generally approved by most members.
  • Wiggle Whiskey
    • Laser Cutter Event
    • Chad would like to set up an event where we cut a bunch of wood stick to age the white whiskey. He will follow up later.
  • Attack Theatre
    • Dirty Ball Invitation
    • It's a one night event. They find a warehouse that is empty. Build it out for a month in advance, and then throw a party.
    • They would be interested in making something interactive for the event.
  • Election Committee
    • Anthony and Doug will be on the committee.

What can we do to make the shop better?

  • Painted Lines on Floor.
    • Volunteers?

Move to Adjourn

  • Motion to adjourn. Gene motions, Doug seconds
  • Meeting adjourned at 21:11.

Submitted by Anthony Cascone