Member Meeting Minutes for Apr 1, 2015
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Bob Berger
- EJ (Google Hangouts)
- Called to order at: 7:41pm
- March 21 - CNC Build
- Excellent job, it works great. Thanks a lot Volker and Chad and Bob
- March 21 - Music & Technology Club
- Nobody showed up
- March 27 - Build for Dirty Ball.
- Lots of people, sat around, talked, did not build anything
- March 28th - Arduino Day
- We missed the boat on that one
- April 6th - Software Club
- April 8th - Tesla Club
- April 9th - Steel City Infosec Meetup - Penetration Testing Drop Boxes
- April 10th - Analog Game Night
- April 11th - LUG
- April 11th - Dirty Ball
- April 13th - UAV Club
Potential Evening talks/events
- Another Build Your Own Antennas Class
- Adam wanted to teach this. Something other than wifi antennas
- BoXZY wants to come here and do talk on it soon
- Talk about kickstarter
- Jonathan wants to do talk on databases
- Arduino Track
- Next up... Diyode.
- Potential date June 13
- April 11th DirtyBall
- April 22nd, Earth day
Shop Projects / Updates
- Power wheels
- I choo choo choose you!
- Barrel run May 1st!
- Build contraption to take a Wiggle Whiskey barrel 2 miles from their HQ
- We will build a power wheels sized train to push/pull the barrel
- Chad has parts in his car. This will actually happen
- Dirty Ball April 11th!
- CNC Router
- It's Alive! Did its first cut.
- about 0.4mm off. We will fix soon.
- EJ says we should be able to do aluminum
- Laser Cutter
- Purchasing new lens for finer etching. Chad needs to do that.
- Slight issue. If you turn it on, and it doesn't datum. Turn it off, and move the gantry. Turn it on again or slowly move the gantry.
- Talk to Chad, Bob, Gene, Alex for class
- 3-D Printer
- Workstation is up!
- If you want a private class see Eli, Alex, or Chad.
- BoXZY! 3D printer/laser cutter/CNC all in one.
- Parts are in for a Nixie Tube clock
- In talks to get a BoXZY.
- Dirty Ball
- April 11th
- Foundry project by Alex and Wesley
- Sign Ideas
- Photo is FINALLY Finished and will be sent out for ideas soon.
- We are taking ideas from members, send us a sketch, picture
- Chad will send the photo to the list soon
- Board is working on determining the feasibility of discounts for 6 months payments.
- $2 a month discount if you pay for a 6 month membership. Instead of $180 you would be paying $168
- If you stop being a member within those 6 months,you are refunded, but you lose the discount
- Jonathan motions
- All present agree, 2 people did not vote
- April 11th DirtyBall
- Huge party at warehouse, creative artsy people, a little risque, crazy and fun
- If HackPgh would do a cool project for them, we would get in for free, its expensive otherwise
- Good advertising opportunity for us
- We need to brainstorm ideas
- Lets meet during Finish it Friday on March 27, 7pm (We need another date to do this)
- Chad was at an event at Wiggle Whiskey. He was talking to them about an event with a barrel ride. They wanted to build something to carry a keg.
- He wanted to use a PowerWheels to pull a train like thing and dress it up like a locomotive.
- May 1st
- They are also "down" with us holding an event here as a fundraiser for us.
- Something about etching an artist's drawing on a mini barrel
- Lets etch "HackPgh was here", they will never forget us, for good or for bad
- Doug and Val started talking about an Arduino for Artists Class
- Don't focus on breadboarding, but work on soldering to wires and other Arduino devices.
- They are working out the details.
- HackPGH Shop Hack-A-Thon!
- Lets fix the shop up. Make it better!
- What issues do we have with the shop?
- Make something fun and random to be in the shop. (walls etc...)
- Possibly open to public, but sign a waiver, can't use big power tools
- May 30th, 12p - 31st 12p.
- April 22nd, Earth day
- Chad wants to launch balloons with sensors to detect smog
- Red/Green lights that indicate presence of smog
- Lets meet April 19th and discuss it, setup the balloons, meet at 1pm-4pm
- Jonathan is working on a server closet for HackPgh
- Make google hangouts easier via the server
- Use raspberry Pi
- Detect people automatically
- Store HackPgh documents, github
- Eli has idea to make a 3d light cube using the same lights as our 2d light board
- Wplug wants to meet May 23 and June 22
- We have a new stick welder
- Alex wants to start a mechanical club. Machining, welding, CNC machining,lathe machining, Internal Combustion engines, gears, you get the idea.
- Starting May 2nd, 1st Sat of Month 1-4pm
- Scott^2 has general announcement. CMU has awesome film festival. cmu.com/faces. Admission is $10 for regular people $5 for students. Short 1 hour films. Alcoholic beverages after.
- Wesley wants to help Alex build a foundry.
Move to Adjourn
- Anthony motions, Jonathan seconds.
- Adjourned 8:19pm