Council Meeting Minutes for September 8, 2009

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

Financials

  • Moving our checking account was discussed
  • The legal requirement for journal posting has been met
  • Account balances were disclosed (checking and PayPal)
  • Amazon revenues were disclosed
  • Our loan balance was disclosed
  • Grant money and options pertaining to 501(c)(3) status were discussed

Entity

  • Nick provided an overview of the 501(c)(3) application
  • Duquesne law clinic is the 21st, where the application should be completed
  • IRS and state entity documents were displayed

Power

  • The meter appears to be hooked up
  • We still don't have service
  • Power is probably not turned on yet
    • Nick will follow up

Heat

  • We need to consider heat
    • Electric radiators?
    • MWF thermostat?

Membership

  • A tiered membership structure was discussed
  • 24/7 shop access was discussed
    • Maybe a separate issue from membership tier refresh
    • Will have to be the key until RFID is available
  • Membership benefits were discussed
  • A points-based volunteer system was discussed
    • Tracking will be honor system at first
    • We'll draft a proposal for the next membership meeting
    • We'll solicit volunteers for the membership committee at the next membership meeting
  • The proposal was discussed at length

Art && Code

  • HackPittsburgh may have an opportunity to participate
  • Matt to organize this effort
  • Quorum passes the motion to involve the organization with Art && Code

Action Items

Nick:

  • Work with Matt to get the bank account transferred
  • Follow up on power
  • Update the financial models based on actual membership status (month-to-month vs. six month members)

Marty:

  • Acquire domain and hosting once the bank account is transferred
  • Touch up proposal for membership
  • Send out a pitch night reminder (Done!) --Schmarty 14:45, 9 September 2009 (EDT)

Matt:

  • Get Art && Code organization kicked off