Council Meeting Minutes for May 24, 2012
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
- Scott, Eli, Doug, drue (guest of the council)
Website and Social Media
Most of the meeting was spent talking with drue about our website options and social media options/plans
- New lock key status and RFID status
- keys all made for the new lock, RFID work continues on FiniSH IT Fri
- Request for borrowing of our projector (see info@ email)
- Special Election to replace Logan
- We need to announce and schedule
Shop Direction(s) for 2012 - Tabled due to lack of time
- Membership "levels"
- Repeated interest from folks who want to belong but can't volunteer time.
- Unblocked by electrical work
- Electronics Station - still needs work
- Craft area - getting attention
- Leather sewing machine project
- Robot parts: Eli will look at that and at finishing the shop shop reorg.
- Shop cleanup:
- Once a Quarter cleanup day (weekend, major)
- Propose to members that we shoot for one workshop/class per month
- We're stumbling on getting classes arranged/organized.
- Friday night event planning
- Not just talks
- As with Shop Cleanup, maybe we relieve some schedule pressure with:
- FiniSH IT Fridays (every 2nd or 3rd month)?
- Game nights (Artemis or otherwise?)
- Food event (every 2nd/3rd month, we've had Miracle Fruit, Truffles, Mead, and now Coffee)
- Learn-to nights
- Simple soldering? Yohe did a one solder joint Friday night event that was pretty successful
- Learn to knit/crochet
- Some kind of programming intro? (May be too long for a Friday night though)