Council Meeting Minutes for August 20, 2012
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
- Scott, Eli, Doug
- Shop Security
- Security Camera status:
- RFID status: Waiting for hardware to be mounted (gabe), will do in-place testing (not locking) once mounted. Need user agreement sheet w/ replacement costs.
- Announcements list
- Next issue: 31 August, no later than 4 Sept. Need Friday night events.
- Dues and Membership Levels - Deferred
- New dues paying options in place.
- Finish membership levels discussion from email - Need to have a dedicated meeting
- Shop Projects
- Phone system - Need details from Jeff
- 3-D Printer -
- Convene sub-group on website redesign - August (Defer)
- Eli's friend eval - Eli will set up meeting w/Drue, council
- September Friday Nights
- Figure out on Wednesday, 22 August
- Form letter to reply to folks who want to donate stuff? (Maybe a wiki page or ...) (deferred)
- Donations must be approved by the council. Need to remind membership of this.
- Garage sale in August
Shop Direction(s) for 2012
- Unblocked by electrical work
- Electronics Station - still needs work
- Craft area - getting attention
- Leather sewing machine project
- Robot parts: Eli will look at that and at finishing the shop shop reorg.
- Shop cleanup:
- Once a Quarter cleanup day (weekend, major)
- Propose to members that we shoot for one workshop/class per month
- We're stumbling on getting classes arranged/organized.
- Friday night event planning
- Not just talks
- As with Shop Cleanup, maybe we relieve some schedule pressure with:
- FiniSH IT Fridays (every 2nd or 3rd month)?
- Game nights (Artemis or otherwise?)
- Food event (every 2nd/3rd month, we've had Miracle Fruit, Truffles, Mead, and now Coffee)
- Learn-to nights
- Simple soldering? Yohe did a one solder joint Friday night event that was pretty successful
- Learn to knit/crochet
- Some kind of programming intro? (May be too long for a Friday night though)