From HackPittsburgh Wiki
As of June 2013, the council consists of:
- Gene Kern
- Chad Elish
- Anthony Cascone
- Scott^2 Hamilton
DRAFT subject to revision by council and membership
In addition to the duties laid out in the Constitution, Council members are expected to:
- Encourage members to work on projects, collectively and individually.
- Celebrate and promote members successes.
- Be in the shop.
- Attend every membership meeting.
- Be in the shop at least one night (not counting membership meetings) a week, ideally two.
- Email! Read your hackpittsburgh.org email regularly.
- Use your hackpittsburgh.org email for all correspondence relating to your role as council member.
- Do not conduct shop correspondence through personal email addresses, as that correspondence will be lost to the organization when you leave.
- A lot of meetings can be avoided by conducting business through hackpittsburgh.org email.
- Council members need to be responsive via email since we're only in the shop for direct interaction for a few hours a week.
- Arrange for Friday night event presentations/talks.
- Arrange for workshops, classes, etc.
- Make sure that the shop is being maintained (either directly or by volunteer of members):
- Trash and recycling need to be taken care of
- Keeping T-Shirts, water, plasticware, paper plates, paper towels, toilet paper in stock
- Membership email lists
- Tracking dues and reminders
- Tracking blue box contents
- Work with the landlord on shop physical needs/concerns (typically one council member is designated to keep things simpler for Dale)
- Generally look to the long-term goals for the shop and help focus members on achieving those (i.e. general leadership).
- Leadership responsibilities and rewards.
- A set of keys to the shop. (RFID system makes this a perk for all members)