From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Name and Purpose
- The name of our organization shall be "HackPittsburgh".
- The purpose of HackPittsburgh is to establish a community to provide facilities, classes and collaborators to further the DIY ethic in the Greater Pittsburgh Region.
- Monthly dues shall be a base rate of $15 plus $30 in cash or equivalent in work & donation credits.
- If 12 months of base dues are collected as a lump sum, the amount shall be $150. The remaining dues may be paid in lump sum of $175, otherwise the amount shall be paid in cash and credits at the standard $30 amount per month.
Work and Donation Credits
- All work shall be recognized at the rate of $10 per hour as recorded on the Official Work List.
- Donation credits of physical goods in the form of tools, equipment, materials, etc. shall be assessed at 50% of their current fair market liquidation value. The value for each item will be determined by the Council who shall make all efforts to assess the items accurately.
- Any member who is thought to have violated any part of this constitution or laws enacted thereafter or to have committed an act against the group may be brought in front of the Council for expulsion as per the Council's defined powers. Council must all be present
General Body Meetings
- General body meetings shall be held on the 4th Sunday of every month at 1PM EST, unless otherwise noted.
- A quorum shall be defined as any members in good standing present at the start of the regularly scheduled meeting, however if the meeting is not at the scheduled time a quorum shall consist of 50% of the total membership in good standing.
- Council meetings shall be held on the 2nd Sunday of every month at 1PM EST, unless otherwise noted.
- A quorum shall be defined as any Council members present at the start of the regularly scheduled meeting.
Director Positions & Duties
- The Council shall consist of a President of the Council and four Council Members.
- The Council's purpose is to govern all activities of the Club, and work to achieve the objectives of the full membership and uphold the stated mission of HackPittsburgh.
- The powers granted to the Council shall include:
- Overseeing the planning and conducting all Club events, meetings & classes.
- Approving expenditures under $100 - all others must be voted on by quorum at monthly membership meetings.
- Forming committees of Council Members and Members to carryout the Club's actions.
- The President's role shall be:
- To conduct all Council meetings.
- Work to achieve the objectives of the full membership and uphold the stated mission of HackPittsburgh.
- The five Council members shall have equal votes in all situations except during any ties in which the President's vote has the equivalent two votes.
Elections & Voting
- Elections shall take place annually on the 4th Sunday of February.
- On the 4th Sunday of January, nominations will be begin for all positions on the Council.
- The President of the Council will be nominated separately from the rest of the Council, and must win the election by majority. If no majority is reached, the top two candidates by votes will run in a later run-off election to be held at the same election meeting.
- The rest of the Council will be elected by plurality with the top four nominated members by votes being elected.
- Grounds for impeachment shall be the violation of any part of the constitution or committing any act deemed against the Club.
- A vote of impeachment shall be initiated by the vote of three members of the council. After initiation, a quorum of membership will vote on the impeachment.
- Amendments to this constitution will be presented at General Body Meetings and must be approved by 67% of the total quorum of membership.